In September 2014 The Heights will be opening its doors for its first intake of pupils, serving the west of Caversham (predominantly Caversham Heights). This is the area where historically there was little realistic chance of a school place in whichever local catchment primary school. This forced families into their cars to primaries further afield, dispersing children to a variety of other primaries, breaking up local friendship groups formed amongst neighbours, toddler groups and in preschool settings.
The 20th October offers families the chance to learn more about The Heights whilst there'll be fun activities for children. Highlights include:
- Advice on how to make a primary school admission application
- Sight of the school uniform
- Copies of the prospectus
- Launch of the new website
- Bird of prey display
- Interactive story-time by the Enchanted Players
- Face painting
- Crafts corner with the chance to create artwork to be displayed in the new school
I will post a link to The Heights' new website upon its launch. To read my previous posts about the school, see the Education Label, near the top right hand side of my Homepage.